The database of organic producers and processors of organic products
Unified producers and processors with data on the types of primary and processed organic products, their quantities, the standards for which they are certified, and other important information will be the content of the databse of organic production in Serbia at which Serbia Organika started to work, with the support of the USAID Project for Competitive economy. The database will be placed under the new Serbia Organics website, which will be set up with the base by the beginning of the next year.
The goal of creating the base is networking of manufacturers and processors, encouraging their business cooperation which will result in:
- Targeted planning of primary production,
- Improving production and sales
- Improving the quality of raw materials
By connecting producers and processors and improving their cooperation, we want to:
- Help sell and compete with primary organic products,
- Encourage domestic primary organic agricultural production,
- Increase the competitiveness of exports of organic primary and processed products,
- Through the planning of agricultural production in accordance with the needs of the processing industry, to reduce the import of organic raw materials needed for the processing industry,
- Increase the visibility of the Serbian organic industry.