Export of organic products, 2021
According to the data of the Customs Administration and the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management, value of exported organic products increased by more than 15 times in 10 years.
For the first time, these data became part of the information system of the Customs Administration in 2012, when the total export of organic products was 3.74 million euros, while in 2021 the export amounted to 57.4 million euros. Compared to 2020, the value of exported organic products increased by 53%, and in two years by 93.3%.
The total amount of exported products in 2021 is 17,622 t.
The highest value, of 45 million euros, was achieved in 2021 in the export of frozen organic fruits, of which the largest part was frozen berries:
-frozen raspberries: 32.6 million euros,
-frozen blackberries – almost 5 million euros,
-frozen blueberries -1.8 million euros.
In addition to berries, we also exported frozen cherries (3.4 million euros) and plums.
After frozen fruit, we mostly exported organic dried fruits – strawberries, raspberries, plums, blueberries, blackberries, currants, in the total value of 6 million euros, followed by fruit concentrates and purees (in the total value of 3.15 million euros).
Of the 33 countries to which we exported organic products in 2021, the highest values were exported to the following countries:
- Germany – 18.25 million euros – 31.8% of the total export value
- USA – 7.75 million – 13.5% of the total export value
- The Netherlands, almost 7 million euros – 12% of the total export value
- France – 4.25 million euros – 7.4% of the total export value
- Poland – 3.5 million euros – 6.1% of the total export value
- Canada – 3.49 million euros – 6% of the total export value
- Austria – 3.4 million euros – 5.9% of the total export value
- Italy – 2.8 million euros – 4.9% of the total export value
- Belgium – 1.3 million euros – 2.26% of the total export value
- Switzerland – 1.17 million euros – 2% of the total export value